Advances in technology have enabled us to be able to ‘do more’, which has ultimately resulted in us having ‘more to do’ and workloads now more than ever, rely on that technology to make our jobs and businesses more efficient and manageable.
There is no shortage of ‘useful apps’ out there, that are designed to help businesses to become more efficient, save time & money and generally ‘be better’. But how do you pick from the overwhelming lists of apps you should download?
When considering new apps, take some time to reflect on how your business currently operates and where you immediately need to make changes. Ask for recommendations from trusted contacts and make use of the free trials before committing.
In this handy guide, I’ve pulled together a list of the apps that really help me.
Design apps that really help me…
- Fiverr Worldwide online freelance services. From copywriting to artwork, you can get the job done from as little as $5
- Canva Making design simple for everyone. You can create designs for web, print, blog graphics, presentations, social media and so much more
- Wordswag Great if you are active on social media. Simply take an image, open up the app, add suitable text, save and upload straight to the platform of your choice
- Survey Monkey A great way to send surveys or feedback forms to your network to discover more about them
- Unsplash, Gratisography & Pexels These are free royalty-free images to use in your marketing and promotion, so you don’t use the same stock images as everyone else
Marketing apps that really help me…
- Hootsuite Simple social media management tool, manage multiple networks, profiles and measure your results with an easy to use dashboard
- Rev Online audio transcription, video captions and document translation services. Fantastic for re-purposing content from videos to memes to blogs
- Zoom If you have a lot of conference calls, deliver 1-2-1 remotely or arrange webinars, this is for you. Simple and easy to use, with screen sharing options and robust performance
- Textlocal Use this service if you’re speaking on stage and want the audience to opt into your database by texting a specific word & 5 digit number
- Camtasia Video editing software for MACs and PCs
- Anchor The easiest way to start a podcast record a high-quality podcast, host unlimited episodes & distribute everywhere
Financial apps that really help me…
- Receipt Bank Perfect if you hate having receipts everywhere and your bookkeeping isn’t getting done promptly. Simply open the app, take an image of the receipt and it gets uploaded into your system for payment
- Xero Online accounting/bookkeeping software that saves you time on paperwork and manage invoices
- Stripe A merchant account to use on and offline to allow you to take payment for your products and services
- Paypal.me An easy way to ensure you can be paid on the spot. Paypal have an extension service that allows you to send a link with an amount that can be paid directly e.g. paypal.me/ yourcompany/200
Organisation apps that really help me…
- Mindnode If you are like me and are always thinking and full of ideas, this app is for you. This tool allows you to mind map all of those ideas, on the go and enable you to revisit them and plan your next product/service
- Trello Free project and task management software
- Dropbox Online storage for your files and videos
- Camcard An easy way to take pictures of business cards and add them into your database
- 5 Minute Journal A nice reflection app to keep yourself grounded in gratitude & to develop the habit of journaling
- Lastpass Secure software that automatically stores & autofills your passwords on websites
- Wetransfer A free and easy way to send large digital files to other people
Are you are struggling to get focussed and are finding yourself busy but not achieving anything? If so, it’s time to take action.
Access our tool here to get started: tendo-uk.com/productive