“Membership of the ABM has brought huge value to my clients. The regular events and training opportunities, combined with the opportunity to discuss and reflect on mentoring topics and issues with fellow ABM members, has helped to develop my skills as a professional business mentor, ensuring that the support and guidance I provide my clients is the best it can possibly be.” Siobhan Lavelle, ABM Member since 2017 and Managing Director of Cornelle Communications
As a member of the Association of Business Mentors you will be part of the professional association in the UK that promotes and improves professional business mentoring standards.
Whether you are at the start of your business mentoring journey, or run an established mentoring business, ABM membership provides you with the network and tools to develop and grow your mentoring skills and business.
As an ABM member you will have access to tools, training, networking opportunities and much more. Membership benefits include:
- Regular national, regional and online events and training opportunities
- A dedicated Members Area with tools and resources to help your mentoring journey
- Your profile on the ABM website for potential mentees to search
- Mentoring tips and hot topics discussion
- Reflection retreats and the opportunity to share your mentoring and business experiences with a peer
- Access and discounts to services provided by ABM partners. Current partners include:
- Enterprise Nation - become an Adviser Member (free of charge Year 1)
- Westminster Insurance - for business insurance
- BCMS - M&A advisor
- Law-Answers.com - provides access to legal topics, legal advice, legal support, including pro bono legal help and forums, legal documentation & templates and to legal fees savings and help.
- Simply Docs - access and download (for a special discounted rate) a wide range of high quality business and legal document template.
- Delenta - Access the unique mentoring and coaching platform that can take the stress out of running all the back office systems you need to excel.
- A private Facebook group for members to discuss and share best practice, help solve issues and build relationships and partnerships.
- National and Regional WhatsApp Groups
How to apply for membership
In order to become a member, the ABM expect you either to:
(a) have started, run and or owned a business, or to have played a significant operational role in such a business;
(b) have managed a significant business unit or profit centre in a large corporate.
We welcome applications from business mentors, consultants and coaches who are yet to have been engaged by a client or mentoring in the workplace but have business experience and an interest in developing their business mentoring skills. If your application is successful you will be recognised as a Member of the ABM.
To be recognised as a Full Member it is necessary to have worked as a mentor or coach with at least three businesses over a minimum of two years.
For further information about ABM membership or if you have any questions, please get in touch with the operations team.