|Location:||Greater London, South East|
|Expertise:||Growth Specialist, Operations, People & Hr|
News from the Board
The launch of the ABM Assessment Centre
The launch was Thursday 6th 2018 December at the Business and IP Centre, British Library KX. The format of the day was A challenging panel interview with Professor David Clutterbuck and our Accreditation Officer Gaby Marcon Clarke An observed recorded mentoring session with a business owner from the British Library’s Innovate for Growth program Applicants. Read more Read moreView all news
ProfileAs a highly skilled Trainer, Coach and Facilitator I specialise in helping organisations to understand and optimise models of best practice informed by Neuroscience.
I moved into the Learning and Development arena, inspired by the measurable results it can produce, after gaining valuable international management experience in the kitchens of 5 Star Hotels and Michelin Starred Restaurants. Since 1988 I have been working with all levels of management, across a broad range of sectors, I have designed award winning training programmes for Hotel Groups and developed nationally recognised Management Development programmes.
My clients say that my friendly and accessible technique make it easier to evaluate management effectiveness, implement organisational change and align the personal aspirations of staff with business objectives. They have also frequently mentioned that my approach can often release unexpected resources and innovation amongst management and staff.
I am the author of ‘The 7 Performance Traps in your business’ and 3 multi-media programmes available online. I am passionate about ensuring that shared values, clear communication and targeted development of people are the furnace that drives business success.
For example, we help our demanding clients to:
• Develop an inspiring strategic narrative supported by a robust HR strategy that underpins achievement of business objectives. This avoids mixed messages and inconsistent behaviour at the top.
• Identify underlying patterns of behaviour to help managers and people work to their strengths. This means teams become more effective by avoiding common pitfalls and communication problems.
• Create models of excellence and customised behavioural assessments. This provides objective measures that avoid unconscious bias and focus recruitment and training initiatives.
Results from Case Studies:
• Supported a Management Buy-Out so the owners could retire early.
• Transformed organisational culture from being ridden with negativity, unhealthy conflict and underperformance to being recognised as proactive, dynnamic and highly productive.
• Reduce the risk in high-stakes recruitment decisions.
• Laid the foundations for growth and helped increase turnover from £3M to £5M in 18 months.
• Developed the Leadership Team to increased turnover from £19M to £25M and doubled net profit margins in 18 months.
Qualifications Harrison Assessments Solutions Partner and Trainer
Strategy On a Page - ABM approved
Fellow CIPD 2001
NLP Master Practitioner 1996 – Sensory Systems; John McWhirter
LAB Profile Trainer and Consultant 2005 – Success Strategies; Shelly Rose Charvet
Diploma in Performance Coaching – National Awarding Body
LAB Profile Group Coach 2011 (working as coach on the LAB Profile Trainer and Consultant course) – Shelly Rose Charvet
Certificate in Applied Neuroscience 2015 – International Training Seminars (Prof Patricia Riddle and Ian McDermot)