In order to become a member, the ABM expects you either to (a) have started, run and/or owned a business, or to have played a significant operational role in such a business; or (b) have managed a significant business unit or profit centre in a large corporate. See criteria outlined above.
We welcome applications from business mentors, consultants and coaches who are yet to have been engaged by a client or mentoring in the workplace but have business experience and an interest in developing their business mentoring skills.
- Select your applicable ABM membership category below and complete the ABM Membership Application form.
- Your application will be reviewed by a member of the ABM Executive Team who will make a recommendation based on your answers provided.
- If you have applied for FULL Membership, we will be in touch to arrange for your professional interview.
- Due diligence checks will be carried out on the information you have provided.
- Your application will either be accepted or rejected. If rejected, an explanation will be provided.
- If accepted, you will be asked to pay the membership fee, the administration fee for joining, the professional interview fee (where appropriate) and a direct debit mandate for future membership payments.
- Someone from our membership team will then be in touch to get you started!
The application process takes approximately ten working days. In some circumstances, it may take longer.