Practising mentors – Full membership, minimum 2 years experience.
Thinking about and new to mentoring – Affiliate membership.
Appropriate application forms available on the website under Membership:
- One off Joining/Set Up fee £50
- Affiliate Fees: £50 per annum
- Full Membership: £45 per quarter (standing order) or £150 per annum one off annual payment.
What happens next?
- Applications are processed by the office, references checked where applicable. Once completed we let you know via e-mail to pay either by one off or standing order.
- When received, a welcome e-mail will be sent from Dawn (gro.srotnemssenisubfonoitaicossanull@nwad), our Membership Co-ordinator with necessary log-ins and instructions.
- Approximate turnaround from 48hrs – one week for completion of membership.
The ABM operates as a trade body providing a credibility platform for professional business mentors in the UK and Ireland. We provide some key member benefits for a network of high level mentors who meet and collaborate regularly. Our application process is stringent and thorough, providing business owner’s reassurance that engaging with an ABM mentor means they are in the very best of hands. However, even though we do receive enquiries and opportunities the ABM is not a pipeline for business.
Members are joining to prove they are professional in an arena flooded with unqualified providers of guidance and advice and to support the cause to protect and promote CREDIBLE business mentoring.
What it means to Mentees
By choosing an ABM member as mentors, clients feel totally assured that they have engaged with a professional who has been through a stringent application procedure which includes signing up to a firm code of standard and ethics.
Should a situation arise where delivery for whatever reason is not acceptable the client has a committee to lodge a complaint with. This procedure, unused to date, provides reassurance.