Growth by Franchising
New dates to be announced soon.
The Association of Business Mentors is hosting a half day workshop in London on Wednesday 27th June on the subject of Franchising which you may find of interest. Further details can be found below.
Essential information for Mentors and Business Support providers on ‘Growth by Franchising’ hosted by The Association of Business Mentors.
Are you or your client considering expansion? If so, have you looked at franchising as an option?
This workshop will cover topics including:
- The three ways to Franchise any business
- Outline of a Franchise Development Business Plan
- Estimated timescales and budget requirements
- The importance of the Franchise Business Plan and Evaluation Analysis
- What laws relate to Franchising?
- The key areas of a Business Format Franchise
- When to recommend Franchising to a client
- The advantages and disadvantages of Franchise development
All interlaced with real life genuine practical examples.
Date : Wednesday 27th June 2012
Time : 10am – 1pm
Venue : Innovation Warehouse, 1 East Poultry Avenue, London, EC1A 9PT
About the Presenter:
Nick Wiliams is a Franchise Consultant with Franchise Development Services Ltd.
Following a long career with Barclays Bank PLC encompassing Internal Audit, New Business Development, Corporate Lending and Area Sales Management, Nick joined FDS with a brief to evaluate with owners of successful businesses their future franchise development potential.
An intensive training programme followed during which Nick worked closely with very experienced BFA associates Roy Seaman, Gordon Patterson and Paul Hague to assimilate knowledge of the Franchise Industry, enabling him to blend this with his extensive experience of Business in all aspects including Management, Finance and Marketing. This experience has been implemented with all manner of business since 2001.
Specifically Nick evaluates Companies intending to expand through Franchising, advises the owners in their choices for Franchise Development and the required budgets. Also acts in the recruitment of Master and sub franchisees.
Nick’s role within FD encompasses:
- Responding to consultancy and major advertising enquiries. Acts as FDS interface with introducers of new business.
- Representing FDS at exhibitions, both nationally and internationally.
- Facilitating inbound/outbound Franchisors in awarding Master Franchises, with success with Brands from Australia, S. Africa, USA, New Zealand.
- Developing the FDS business offer.
- Delivering key projects.
- Valuing, selling, raising investment in Franchises.
- Seminars and presentations for franchisors and potential franchisors.
- Coordinating FDS team approach to International assignments.
Nick has also worked with PLC’s such as the Compass Group, Unilever, Greene King, Coffee Republic, the MyHome Group as well as successful private companies, partnerships and sole traders.